Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #11 - LibraryThing

This site is really neat. Setting up my account and adding books to my collection was extremely easy. I found it similar to the GoodReads site but I like the layout a lot better, especially how you can view the covers of the books in a collection, which comes in handy since I'm a very visual persona and like to look at cover art. This site would be extremely useful in the library as it could be used to set up a variety of collections online for students and staff to view. It could be a way of starting a book club or creating a collection of titles for certain classes and collaborative lessons. It could also be good for personal use to share titles with friends, family, and other librarians and also to catalog your personal collection at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment