Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #7 -Cool Google Tools

The two Google tools I chose to explore for this "thing" were Google Calendar and Google Docs. While I do have an email account through Google, I rarely use the site for anything other than a quick initial search for things. Last semester I briefly learned about Google Docs but it wasn't until this semester that I actually used the tool. Google Docs would be a great way for me as a librarian to communicate with teachers and administrators about happenings in the library and also a good tool when preparing a collaborative lesson with a teacher. Google Calendar would be very helpful when scheduling classes and research time in the library by allowing it to be public, teachers could access it and see what is going on and when in the library. It was very easy to create and make public. Please click here to view my Google calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment