Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thing #9 - Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

Since recently learning about RSS feeds this experiment provided more tools to help me in finding reliable RSS feeds and sources of information on the web. The easiest search tool was Technorati. I liked the layout and it was easy to navigate and simply click on topics that took me to a list of various blogs on the topic. I also liked Topix.net because it immediately identified my location and provided up to date news information for my area of town. The most confusing were Atomic Learning since it required you to setup an account and seemed more on the business side of things (selling and promoting products) and Syndic8 which had a boring layout and required more searching versus providing easy links. The most useful thing I discovered was the Gadgets Channel on Technorati which provided links to lots of technology blogs about current and future products in the technology market.

No comments:

Post a Comment